Sunday, July 29, 2012

New Cushions & Curtains

So much has happened since my last post....New cushion covers & Curtains!!!

This is really going to make the Boler look nice!

Talk about a total makeover!!

Many thanks to my sister (who was on vacation when she helped me with these) & my mom!
I'm talking late nights folks =) We did make a patterns so my sister is willing and able to create more of these amazing interiors. She is a driven sewing PRO! Check her out on Flickr

I assisted with all the prep work. I even learned how to sew a set of curtains. Thanks Mom! 

We made 70 yards of piping for this project!




Lucky my sister knew how to fast track this piping business. That's a Tupperware canister that we were using as a spool =)

AND NOW THE FINISHED PRODUCT

Reversible Baby! Notice how those stripes line up! My sister planned that out - not an easy task on a project this size.   



Look 2
Look 3
Look4


The "couch" for the boler. The upper bunk is the only part that isn't desinged to be reversible (because it gets bolted to the wall ;)
 
Check out these curtains!
I have two complete sets to suite whatever Boler mood I'm in =)
Thanks Mom!
When you hang them up the patterns even match up in the middle. These women know how to sew!


Special thanks to Christine McClellan and Patti Deal!! You made my Boler the cool kid on the block!!

1 comment:

  1. Your boler is stunning! I'm deeply impressed by how well your sister matched the patterns on the cushions. It looks as if you have the original gel coat on your trailer. Have you considered buffing it? We had a Surfside with original gel coat, and my husband removed the oxidation and then buffed it. Wow! Did it sparkle! Our boler had rolled on house paint. Sigh! What a mess to remove. I've been sanding it to get ready for a professional paint job in the spring. I wish no one had rolled on paint, but now I see there were some fibreglass repairs. Still, I wish they had left the painting to professionals. Thanks for posting your great pictures! We will see you in 2018 for the boler 50th anniversary caravan to MB!! (Lisa V.: "bolerama" online)

    ReplyDelete