Saturday, June 30, 2012

New Developement...an awning!

The wonderful things you can find on the http://www.fiberglassrv.com website.

I was reviewing a post from Randy who has a 1975 Boler that he is restoring.
He picked up a new 7 x 7 awning from Alberta Tent and Awning in Calgary.

After looking at the awning he got I looked up Alberta Tent and Awning.
I talked to this awesome guy named Steen and now I am the proud owner of a new
teal striped awning.

My grand plan is to have my Boler painted 1950s "Kitchen Apliance" teal on the bottom and white on the top.

This all sounds like a really happy story....until...

I got a call from Greyhound (Steen sent the awning in record time using station to station Greyhound delivery) he saved me mondey and it got here REALLY fast.

Now for the sad part of this story...It arrived without the poles. I have a feeling Greyhound has "misplaced" them. So I sent a quick email to Steen to see what we can do.

More on this later...AND pics of the new awning! Steen does really fantastic work!

Here is a teaser of the color. I went with the Teal stripped one at the bottom of the pic.

He made a duffel bag out of the same fabric to keep the awning in and included rope, tent stakes and I think ;) poles.

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE - Steen sent the poles attached to the awning box. These seem to have been "misplaced" by Greyhound. He sent out a replacement set though!

    Thanks Steen!

    Alberta Tent and Awning is the Best!

    ReplyDelete